Sunday, August 22, 2010

Blind Melon - Shannon Hoon

This is a drawing of Shannon Hoon who was the frontman for the band Blind Melon. When I'm not feeling particularly creative, I sometimes draw from photos or video files. I don't worry to much about being exact since photos aren't perfect themselves. I try to fix awkward elements in the photo. I usually focus on photos of young men which limits what I learn. I'm really just exploiting a loophole in my ADD. I think it is something to the extent of - nothing can hold my attention unless, of course, it's sexy.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please let me put that in my Blind Melon book. :) Awesome drawing. Here's the link to my project.

    http://takeon1or2.com

    Peace
    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone's making a Blind Melon art book? That's so cool! I had no idea there was a fan base for this kinda stuff. Hohoho, I wonder if I still have any sketches of that GORGEOUS blonde guitarist in Blind Melon. What was his name? I can't remember.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and to Mr. Weitz - I tried emailing you but for reasons still not understood my email software refused to send an email to the address I found on your blog. I'd like to hear more about your project. Please, email me at kristenmmoore@cox.net. Note that there are two consecutive 'm's in my address. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing. I've always been a fan of Shannon Hoon and Blind Melon. This is beautiful. "Screamin' at the sun, don't really
    Know what he has done
    He don't believe in God and a world as one
    So he rambles through the weeds
    Saying he will sleep beneath the trees."
    R.I.P Hoon...

    ReplyDelete