Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Blind Melon project sketch

Blind Melon Sketch
12"x13"
col-erase pencil

This is a photograph of a 12x13 finished sketch for a painting I plan to donate to a Blind Melon book project. I drew caricatures of all five band members. I tried to be flattering or at least to make them look young and well groomed. That job wasn't hard -- quite frankly, they were a good looking bunch. Least they are if you can dig a guy with long hair. They were fun to draw, especially the far left figure which was the first one I drew.

3 comments:

  1. This is the greatest thing I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it. Are you a Blind Melon fan?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A huge one!  I love Blind Melon.
    I drew a picture that I submitted to the same book actually.  It doesn't even come sorta close to comparing to yours though.  This looks just like them!
    From the sounds of it, it'll probably be awhile before the book comes out, but I can't wait so I was browsing the net for Blind Melon artwork.  That's how I came across this. 
    Your artwork is fantastic.  I really admire your talent

    ReplyDelete